- Very unique story (especially for its time) involving time travel and saving the world with the help of various people from various periods in history.
- Beautiful musical score by Yasunori Matsuda and Nobuo Uematsu.
- Fun traditional turn-based gameplay; no random battles.
- Large world map with various locations across time.
- Memorable cast of characters that stick with you forever.
- Timeless 16-bit graphics that still look good today.
- Little to no grinding (this is a plus for me because I HATE level grinding).
- Main character does not have a personality; he is a speechless protagonist.